Choosing a monitor is difficult in this era. There are a lot of manufacturers but in our opinion, The most trustable brands are Samsung and LG with the best quality of display and these brand makes the displays for the trillion-dollar worth company Apple. Samsung has been manufacturing OLED for apple longer than LG. LG will be manufacturing the screens of the iPhone 13 series, But when considering any monitor you should check Samsung and LG first before checking any other brand.
As usual, we all should check on youtube for the review of any product. Don't trust anyone in the blogging world. Blogging is a big business. We don't provide our viewers fake reviews about any product and if we are adding affiliate links then we specify that it's an affiliate link.
We are going to provide you great information, we don't generate any revenue in any way, if you want to support this website financially for just $5/month then you can support us on Patreon by becoming a Patreon.Become a Patron!
Should we talk about the things that you should consider before choosing any monitor for yourself?
We are going to explain everything about what we should consider when choosing a monitor.
We Mentioned every consideration that you should keep in your mind below:-
- Refresh Rate: It literally means how many times per second the display can show images. This is measured in Hertz (Hz). We suppose that most of you have phones. newer iPhones usually have a 60Hz to 120Hz display refresh rate. Nowadays monitors have 120Hz to 360Hz but they are expensive as well.
Aspect ratio: Aspect ratio is just like a ratio and in the case of monitors and screens, the aspect ratio describes the correlation between width and height of a monitor, Monitors are assigned with aspect ratio because some of them have different sizes and some of them are curved.
- Screen Size: We check the screen size of any monitor before buying, We don't recommend buying a big size screen that has low resolution like if the size of the screen is 32 inches and the resolution is 1080p. Then it's not a good deal (1080p is ideal for 21-inch to 24-inch displays), we should not consider buying the monitor because the pixels are not dense. The density of pixels is one of the factors that determine the quality of an image or a video. high pixel density will generally give us way better-looking images.
- Resolution: It means the number of pixels that compose a picture. Let's take an example of Monitor, there are a lot of resolutions from 1080p(1920 * 1080) to 8k(7680 * 4320) on Monitor. Image Quality also matters resolution is just 1 phase of the monitors.
Types of displays on the monitor: There are lots of types of monitors, Just to specific most of us don't use CRT nowadays. Let's start what are the most used types of display
These are 7 most used types of displays below:-
- Led: Light-Emitting Diode
- Oled: Organic Light-Emitting Diode
- Lcd: Liquid Crystal Display
- Plasma Display Panel: It is a flat panel display that uses small plasma cells. (note: this is not blood plasma)
- Amoled: Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diodes
- CRT: 90s Display Technology Cathode Ray Tube
- Brightness: Brightness is a measurement of how much light is produced and it is measured in nits, monitors usually have 200 to 600+ nits of brightness
- Response Time: There's a response time of every device from the internet to a mouse in some ways. Then there is the response time of monitors, Most of us don't need to have 1ms response time but if you are a professional gamer. Response time varies depending on the manufacturer and nowadays there are a lot of inexpensive gaming monitors out there in the market with low response time, like the LG 24GL600F. It costs only under $200, and it also has a 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate. A typical LCD response time is under ten milliseconds (10 ms). We recommend watching this youtube video about Monitor Response Times from Techquickie.
- Monitor Curvature: Most of the Display providers produces monitor panels with 4000mm Radius to 1800mm Radius. 1800mm Radius curvature is the best for a human eye because the human eye is comfortable with 1000mm Radius Curvature because the curvature is good for the Field of View of the human eye. You can know more about Curved Monitor from these 2 sources Deep Dive into Curved Monitor and Monitor Curvature Explained.
- Compatibility: When choosing a monitor the main thing to do is to check the compatibility of the monitor with your personal computer. We have to check the port compatibility. If you don't know the video card is the hardware which we use to connect your display to your computer. Video card helps to render things on your computer. We have to check the compatibility of the monitor by checking the port on both the video card(GPU) and the monitor.
These were all the considerations that you should keep in mind when choosing any monitor. We recommend checking the review of the monitor on youtube that you are considering. You need a good video card if you are getting a high-resolution monitor and we want to let you know the in-built graphic processing unit can't be used with a lot of monitors because most of the monitors use HDMI not VGA ports and display port. If you get any monitor with a display port and VGA port then you can use it without a GPU on the pc.
We hope you got to know something new today, you can share this article with your friends. And if you want to support us financially and help our website sustain then you can donate below.